Sfumato Amaro Rabarbaro 750ml
All orders need to be picked up in Greendale, Wisconsin.
We do not ship.
The term Sfumato derives from the Italian word for smoke - ‘fumo’. It is traditionally associated with a style of Renaissance painting characterized by subtle transitions between areas of dark and light. This speaks directly to this amaro’s profile, which marries a dark smokiness with bitter woodsiness from alpine herbs and notes of sweet alpine berries. The main ingredient is a special Rabarbaro (rhubarb) variety that grows in Trentino Alto Adige and Veneto. Enjoy with tonic, grapefruit soda, or whiskey.
- Unusual marriage of smokiness and bitter woodsiness
- Made from alpine herbs and the root of Chinese rhubarb
- Pairs beautifully with grapefruit Radler or stout
- Lends depth and character to whiskey cocktails
- Venerable producer of aperitivi and amari in Alto Adige
For recipes, visit https://alpenz.com/product-sfumato.html