Blackwater “Omerta”, 2018
All orders need to be picked up in Greendale, Wisconsin.
We do not ship.
The grapes were hand-harvested and fermented roughly 40%whole-cluster in an open top, one-ton stainless-steel tank and one concrete tank. Hang plunging over nearly three weeks is done for gentle extraction, keeping the purity of the fruit without too much acidity. The wine is pressed to 6-year-old 300L French barrels where the wine ages without sulfur addition for 13 months. It was bottled without fining or filtration and just a small addition of sulfur." - Vine Street
- Grapes: 100% Carignan
- Vineyard: 50% a single site on the Paardeberg - 50% a single site in Tulbagh
- Vine Age: Average: 30-years-old
- Soil Type: Granitic sand over exposed grey granite
- Viticulture: Sustainable – dry-farmed
- Fermentation: Native – 40% whole-cluster
- Skin Contact: 18 days
- Aging: 13 months in 6-year-old 300L French tonneau